Food Rescue Philippines aims to reduce food waste and reduce malnutrition and involuntary hunger. We need our volunteers and partners to be cognizant of that goal as much as possible.
- Treat everyone with respect and kindness.
- Don’t be offended if the donors give you useless food waste. Instead, politely decline and make them understand the goal. Make it clear that you are not a garbage collector.
- Follow the statutory rules of the donors such as showing your ID, vaccination card, signing documents, or taking photos of the collection.
- Make sure to inspect the food for toxins and worms
- Don’t be offended if the beneficiaries reject the donations. Just give it to someone else.
- Don’t use food rescue as free garbage collection.
- Don’t give food waste that you know are potentially toxic. Not all volunteers might know the difference between toxic molds, pesticide residue, and ordinary dust.
- Please give accurate information as much as possible. For example, if a box actually weighs 30 kilos, please mention that it weighs 30 instead of only 10 kilos.